May The Force Be With You

     My sister-in-law and I are partners in crochet! She was inspired by my hat ideas (plus the fact that I could sell them for a small profit) and decided to start crocheting pieces of her own.She doesn't crochet hats though. No, she creates the cutest little (and some not to little) crochet toys ever! Her business is called Oodles of Zoodles. Click on the name to go check out her Facebook Page.

     We both started our businesses just out of our homes, until we got the idea to go to the local Farmer's Market to sell them. We were always tossing ideas back and forth and we came up with doing weekly or monthly themes for our Market table! 

     Out of the many, many ideas we have planned, we kicked off our first "theme" with... STAR WARS. It was sweet. 

     Karey made a Yoda doll that stood about 16 inches off the ground. I wish I had a decent picture of it to show, mind you, any photo doesn't do her work justice! She also made R2D2 toys and an Ewok. They were adorable.

     I made a few hats that were also pretty cute and awesome. I just browsed around Pinterest and found lots of inspiration there. I had a look at the Free Pattern of a very cute Ewok scoodie, but didn't copy the pattern. This is my version though, made with a beautiful soft yarn:


     I also made a skookum R2D2 hat. This didn't end up selling at the Farmer's Market, so if you want one, you can buy this one! 
     In order for me to make this hat, I actually hat to watch Star Wars and study him very closely to make sure I was getting everything in the right spots. I didn't put any knobs or lights on the back of the hat, because this hat was already a lot of work! And I still didn't get it 100% accurate, but I think I did a good job. It was also a bonus/excuse to have a Star Wars marathon that week.


     The other Star Wars item I made was this sweet Yoda hat!! This hat was purchased at the Farmer's Market and went to a sweet little boy. I don't think the lady had much of a choice but to buy it though because that kid looked sooo cute in this hat. These pictures don't look near as good without a real head! Seriously, I think every person should own this Yoda hat.



My next goal is to add a Storm Trooper into the Star Wars collection. But for now, I'm working on the next theme! 

     We are going to be at the Market again at the end of this month and it's our annual Harvest Festival so you can expect to see some farm animal hats! Horse, cow, pigs, puppies and chickens. I'm looking forward to it! 

Comments

Popular Posts