Crochet Eeyore Hat & Diaper Cover

A few months ago, I got an order for a couple diaper cover and hat sets. I had never made a diaper cover before, only a pair of overalls.
The order was originally for a monkey and an elephant for newborn twins. When I talked to her again she changed her mind to a monkey and Eeyore. I'm in love with the outcome of the Eeyore, and the monkey too!


I (loosely) followed this diaper cover pattern HERE. I was using a different weight of yarn than she was, so I ended up guessing a lot of the dimensions. 
           

I don't follow patterns when it comes to hats because I've been making them for so long, so the ears were completely from my head! The hardest part of this set was finding the right colours. Especially for his nose! I finally found the closest colour in the most unlikely place- our local Dollar Store! Another difficult part was using different size yarn for the ears. The purple was more than half the size of the blue so there was more guessing.. Fun, fun. 

Here is the monkey, done as gender neutral as I could get it, using the dark green she requested. It looks a bit more boy-ish in my opinion, but if you just clipped a little bow by the pom-pom, it would work perfectly.

                               

I hope I get another order for the Eeyore soon, but for a larger head. I like making toddler size hats because I have more space to work with. :)


Comments

Popular Posts